Friday, February 22, 2008

Customer Service Challenges redux

On the evening of February 4, I posted my less than fulfilling experience in tracking down my son's lost xBox. Although that pales in personal significance when compared with my father's death the next day, the story did continue.

When I returned from Illinois, I also returned to the attack. On February 11, I called again. Interestingly enough, my call was routed immediately to a new menu which took my straight to a human being! Apparently, Microsoft can code certain phone numbers so that calls from them bypass the normal menu system. Matt, no relation to my son-in-law (I presume) said that an order to ship a replacement had been generated and I could check back on Friday to get the tracking number. On, Friday, February 15, Karen said that it would be shipped either that day or Tuesday (Monday was a holiday) and I could get the FedEx tracking number then.

On Tuesday, February 19, they called me to give me the tracking number! It was delivered yesterday and sits in my son's room for him to come back from college. At last! (I hope it works...)

No comments: